Benefits of Laughter
Laughter is the best medicine. No joke. According to research compiled by the World Laughter Tour, laughter offers a number of medical and psychological benefits.
For example, laughter:
- Decreases serum cortisol and provides and antidote for the harmful effects of stress
- Reduces blood pressure and heart rate
- Liberates immune boosters
- Improves ventilation, which helps reduce chronic respiratory conditions
- Releases endorphins that provide natural pain relief
- Helps reduce symptoms of neuralgia and rheumatism
- Helps move nutrients and oxygen to body tissues
- Conditions the abdominal muscles
- Relaxes muscles throughout the body
- Changes perspective
- Makes you feel good!